Joseph Ciucci practices in the areas of traditional labor law, employment litigation and employee relations matters. He has successfully defended discrimination, harassment and wrongful discharge actions in federal and state courts and before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and state agencies and obtained injunctions enforcing non-competition agreements on behalf of management clients.
Another aspect of Mr. Ciucci’s practice is the representation of clients before the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) in Board investigations, unfair labor practice charges and trials, and compliance issues. He assists employers through union organizing attempts, representation hearings, strikes and picketing. He also represents clients in labor arbitrations and collective bargaining negotiations.
In addition, he regularly counsels clients on employment issues stemming from Title VII, the ADA, ADEA, FMLA, FLSA and WARN Act as well as on the implementation and documentation of employee policies. He is a member of the state bars of Georgia, Michigan and Pennsylvania. He also is a member of the American Bar Association and its Labor and Employment Law Section.
In particular, Chambers notes his “detail-oriented approach” and his “excellent knowledge of labor law.” Chambers also cites his “excellent representation of employers before the EEOC or the NLRB, and…his counsel on compliance matters.”
- University of Detroit Mercy School of Law, J.D., 1993
- Alma College, B.A., 1990
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- Duane Morris LLP, – Partner, 2005-present
- Constangy, Brooks & Smith LLC, – Partner, 2001-2005
- Clark Hill P.L.C., – Associate, 1996-1997
- The Fishman Group, – Associate, 1995-1996
- Georgia Bar Association, – Labor and Employment Law Section
- Michigan Bar Association. – Labor and Employment Law Section
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, – Labor and Employment Law Section
Rate : $$$