Joseph Akrotirianakis is a partner in the Trial and Global Disputes Practice Group. He is an accomplished trial lawyer who has first-chaired or co-chaired more than 30 trials and arbitrations.
He has never lost a jury trial or bench trial. A seasoned commercial litigator, and a decorated former federal prosecutor, Mr. Akrotirianakis has litigated matters of the most complex and difficult caliber throughout his 19-year career. His practice focuses on business litigation and white collar and regulatory investigations and litigation.
Mr. Akrotirianakis has practiced before all levels of federal and California courts in matters involving complex commercial litigation, government contracts, employment, intellectual property, civil rights, federal and state regulatory investigations and enforcement defense, and white collar criminal defense. He has directed dozens of corporate and public entity internal investigations.
His clients have included Fortune 500 companies and other private entities, corporate officers, mayors, city council members, police commissioners, and chiefs of police. He has also represented public entities throughout the State of California.
Before joining King & Spalding, Mr. Akrotirianakis served as an Assistant United States Attorney in the Central District of California, investigating and prosecuting complex fraud and financial crimes, political and law enforcement corruption, civil rights matters, racketeering, and various other violations of federal law. Following law school, Mr. Akrotirianakis served as a Law Clerk to the Honorable Harry Pregerson, Circuit Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
- J.D., Loyola Law School, magna cum laude & Order of the Coif
- B.A., Whittier College, cum laude
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington
Rate : $$$$