Joseph B. Allen is a corporate transactional attorney who concentrates his practice on M&A transactions, private placement transactions (both as issuer’s counsel and as counsel to venture capital firms, family offices, and angel investors), corporate and LLC governance and reorganizations, joint venture transactions, and complex commercial transactions in the areas of software licensing, industrial equipment sales, and significant supply, reseller, and distribution agreements.
- Represented start-up pharmaceutical firm in connection with initial seed capital raise and Series A capital raise conducted under Rule 506(b) of Regulation D promulgated by the SEC. Representation included a complex reorganization and spinoff in order to create a corporate structure amenable to outside investment.
- Representation of Fortis Solutions Group in strategic growth investment transaction with Main Post Partners as well as in several strategic acquisitions of label and packaging suppliers in different geographic markets.
- Representation of Dominion Enterprises in its sale of For Rent Media Solutions (including ForRent.com) to CoStar Group.
- Representation of Dominion Enterprises in its sale of Dominion Web Solutions (including RVTrader.com, CycleTrader.com, and EquipmentTrader.com) to Open Road Holdings, a company owned jointly by Eurazeo and Goldman Sachs.
- Representation of high net worth individuals and family offices in investments in venture capital, private equity, and hedge funds, as well as participation in early-stage investment rounds in startups.
- Representation of multiple software firms in licensing (exclusive and non-exclusive) agreements and reseller agreements.
- Represent privately held, international commercial equipment and mining truck manufacturer and distributor headquartered in Germany and Switzerland in connection with various equipment purchase agreements, engine delegated assembly agreements, and technology development agreements.
- J.D., College of William & Mary, Order of the Coif, magna cum laude, 2012
- B.B.A. Accounting, College of William & Mary, magna cum laude, 2009
Rate : $$$