Joseph P. Anderson is a member of the Mechanical Technologies (including Medical Device and Ornamental Design) Team in the firm’s Patents Group. He has particular experience in advising clients on infringement risks, and design changes in advance of large-scale product launches, in the industrial, consumer product, and medical device technology sectors.
Joe also has extensive experience in opinion preparation, client counseling, and patent portfolio analysis. Joe is licensed to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. Joe has widespread experience in preparing, filing, and prosecuting utility and design patent applications, both domestically and internationally.
His representative technologies include catheters, surgical systems and tools, prosthetics, tissue products, heart valves, medical imaging, drilling systems and methods, packaging materials and systems, agricultural equipment, flooring products, control panel assemblies, pipe couplings, delivery vehicles, conveyor systems, and orthopedics.
Professional Activities :
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Atlanta IP Inn of Court, Barrister
- Emory University School of Law, Guest Lecturer
- Georgia Lawyers for the Arts, Guest Lecturer
- Georgia State University, College of Law, Guest Lecturer
- State Bar of Georgia, Intellectual Property Section, Patent Committee
- University of Alabama School of Law (J.D. 2008)
- Editor, Alabama Law Review; Member, John A. Campbell Moot Court Board; Member, Intellectual Property Moot Court Team; Member, Intellectual Property Society
- Vanderbilt University (B.E., biomedical engineering, 2004, cum laude)
ADMISSIONS : Georgia, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Rate : $$$