Joseph J. Appel, the firm’s co-founder, has specialized in personal injury and workers’ compensation casesfor more than 30 years. He’s seen it, tried it, and won it, both in state and federal courts.
Joseph was born and raised in Redondo Beach, California. Joe graduated from St. Mary’s College of California, Moraga, California in 1976 with a Bachelor of Arts degree. He also played basketball for the Galloping Gaels for four years. At graduation, Joe received the Scholar Athlete of the Year Award.
He then attended and graduated from University of California, Hastings College of the Law in 1979. Joe was admitted to the California and Federal Courts in the same year. He has been a member of the Contra Costa and Alameda County Bar Associations and the Consumer Attorneys of California organization.
Joe lives in Contra Costa County with his wife and 4 children. Passionate about after school sports, Joe coached elementary and high school basketball for 18 years. His community-based service work is devoted to Christ the King Catholic Church, with a special emphasis on advocacy for the mentally ill.
Joe is one of the founders of the Christ the King family support group, known as Hope, Encouragement, Love, and Prayer for families afflicted with severe mental health issues.
- State of California, 1979
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 1979
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California, 1979
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California, 1980
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1986
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims, 1998
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law of Law, (J.D. 1979)
- St. Mary’s College of California (B.A. 1976)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Contra Costa County Bar Association, Member
- Alameda County Bar Association, Member
- Consumer Attorneys of California, Member
Rate : $$$