Joseph Stanton has practiced in the areas of public finance, infrastructure and capital projects for more than 25 years. Mr. Stanton currently serves as co-team leader for the firm’s public finance and capital projects team. Mr. Stanton has served as bond counsel, underwriters’ counsel, disclosure counsel, bank counsel, company counsel, and trustee’s counsel on various state and local government financings throughout his career.
He has also served as counsel to both local governments and private consortiums in connection with infrastructure projects delivered through public private partnerships (P3s).
He served as bond counsel on, what was at the time, the largest public finance transaction in the state of Florida ($1.1 billion) and as bank counsel on one of the largest healthcare syndicated finance transactions in the state of Florida ($1 billion).
A frequent lecturer, he recently served as a panelist on the topic of Alternative Delivery of Utility Services for the Center for Florida Local Government Excellence, a panelist on a P3 Roundtable for TEAMFL and as a moderator at a conference focused on Public-Private Partnerships in Florida.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, JD, cum laude (1993)
- The University of Alabama, BS, Commerce and Business Administration (1986)
Admissions : Florida
- Serves, or has served, as bond and authority/issuer’s counsel to various governmental authorities
- Served as company counsel to one of the largest waste disposal companies in the United States
- Served as counsel to a transportation authority in connection with the negotiation and preparation of a federal TIFIA loan for a major toll facility project in Florida
- Has served as counsel to a space launch technology company in connection with negotiating and securing an economic incentive package for locating a manufacturing facility in Florida
- Serves as counsel to a conduit issuer in connection with the implementation of a property assessed clean energy (PACE) program in Florida
- Member, The National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Member, Florida Bar
- Real Estate Committee Board Member, University of Central Florida Foundation
- Former Board Member, Florida’s Children First, Inc.
- Former Board Member and Board Chair, Roman Catholic Diocese of Orlando School Board
Rate : $$$