C. Joseph Beavin serves in an Of Council capacity in Stoll Keenon Ogden’s Lexington office and has been with SKO since 1983. He is part of the Labor, Employment & Employee Benefits practice.
A skilled problem solver who is knowledgeable in all aspects of Employment Law, Joe was part of the legal team that successfully represented the Kentucky Retirement System before the U.S. Supreme Court. The case involved an asserted violation of the Age Discrimination in Employment Act.
Labor, Employment & Employee Benefits: Joe’s practice focuses on employee benefits, ERISA-related issues and deferred compensation, as well as corporate law. He provides services to employers ranging from regional health care entities to major corporations.
- University of Kentucky College of Law 1983, J.D., High Distinction
- University of Kentucky 1973, B.S.
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 6th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Kentucky
- United States Supreme Court
- American Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Fayette County Bar Association
- Baptist Health Foundation Lexington
- Lexington Employee Benefits Council: member, 1988-present; past president
- Lexington Rotary Club: member; executive committee, 2000-2009
- Lexington Catholic High School, board of trustees
- Catholic Action Center, 2009
- God’s Pantry, volunteer
Rate : $$$$