Before obtaining his law degree, Joseph G. Bunn worked for a Fortune 500company and a middle market company where he served in numerous roles involving strategic planning, capital raises, acquisitions and divestitures. Armed with a deep understanding of the practical needs of business owners, Joe now assists clients in financial transactions, mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures.
He also counsels clients in other strategic areas such as corporate governance issues and miscellaneous contracts. Over the course of his practice, Joe has negotiated and drafted numerous transactions for buyers and sellers ranging in size from approximately $10 million to $325 million.
Recently, he assisted a client in the negotiation and implementation of a $92.5 million credit facility and assisted another client in divesting itself of “stranded assets” and their associated liabilities for cash consideration of approximately $325 million.
Joe’s practice primarily pertains to the natural resources, rail transportation, banking, and private equity industries. Prior to joining Steptoe & Johnson PLLC, Joe worked for a boutique law firm focused entirely on energy and real estate transactions.
- Negotiated, drafted and implemented on behalf of a coal mining company the divestiture of its “standard assets” and associated liabilities for cash consideration of approximately $325 million
- Negotiated, drafted and implemented $92.5 million credit facility on behalf of a coal mining company
- Negotiated, drafted and implemented $46 million Section 351 rollover transaction between rail transportation company and private equity sponsor
- Negotiated, drafted and implemented $26 million loan between mining entity and private investor
- Negotiated, drafted and implemented $20 million asset divestiture on behalf of a coal mining company
- Regularly draft and negotiate rights-of-way, easements, licenses, contractor agreements, indemnification agreements, letters of intent, confidentiality agreements, and contractual instruments for natural resources companies
- J.D. West Virginia University
- B.B.A. William & Mary
- American Bar Association
- Chairman, Coal Subcommittee, West Virginia State Bar
- Energy & Mineral Law Foundation
- Board Member, WVU College of Law Center for Energy and Sustainable Development
- Board Member, West Virginia Consolidated Public Retirement Board
Rate : $$$$