Joseph A. Castelluccio is a partner in Mayer Brown’s New York office and a member of the Corporate & Securities practice. He helps clients balance risks and opportunities in global mergers and acquisitions with a combination of legal acumen and business experience. As a former investment banker and finance professional, Joe focuses his practice on complex, cross border transactions for which he is:
- A trusted advisor to US and multinational companies for M&A, joint ventures, equity transactions and other corporate matters;
- An experienced deal team leader for complex, multi-jurisdictional transactions;
- A seasoned negotiator and project manager; and
- Knowledgeable in a broad range of sectors, including technology, insurance, financial services, industrials, chemicals and infrastructure.
In addition, Joe regularly represents underwriters in issuing representation and warranty insurance and other types of transactional insurance in connection with M&A deals.
Joe is also a lecturer in Fordham Law School’s Transactional Skills for Global Legal Practice program and a faculty member for the Practising Law Institute’s seminar on Acquiring or Selling the Privately Held Company.
Prior to attending law school, Joe worked at Prudential Securities as an analyst in the investment banking group and as an associate in the equity capital markets group. While attending law school, Joe worked in the division of enforcement at the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority.
Joe is a member of the Legal Advisory Council for Sanctuary for Families, the leading nonprofit organization in New York dedicated exclusively to serving the needs of domestic violence victims, sex trafficking victims, and their children.
He is also a member of the Northeast Advisory Board for Youth About Business, a national youth leadership development organization that introduces high school students from diverse and underserved communities to the world of business through intensive summer M&A programs.
- Georgetown University, BA
- Brooklyn Law School, JD, cum laude
Admissions : New York
- Member, Legal Advisory Council of Sanctuary For Families, the leading non-profit organization in New York State dedicated exclusively to serving the complex needs of domestic violence victims, sex trafficking victims, and their children.
- Board member, Northeast Region Advisory Board of Youth About Business , a national youth leadership development organization that introduces high school students from diverse and underserved communities to the world of business through intensive M&A summer programs.
- Represented one of the largest asset managers in Asia in its acquisition of a minority stake in a U.S. registered investment adviser and related commercial arrangements.
- Represented one of the largest networks of independent financial advisory firms in the U.S. in its acquisition of a retail investment advisory business with approximately $10 billion in assets.
- Represented one of the world’s largest chemicals producers in its sale of a leading distribution business in North America.
- Represented a leading operator of shipping lines and port terminals in numerous transactions, including joint ventures and asset acquisitions and divestitures.
- Represented a global specialty chemicals company in its acquisition of a leading global glass laminating solutions business.
- Represented an international insurance and financial services corporation in its purchase of an independent broker-dealer and registered investment adviser.
- Represented a private equity fund in the purchase of a controlling interest in a technology and services company specializing in the healthcare industry.
- Represented a developer and provider of cloud enablement platforms and services in an equity reorganization and a “B” round preferred stock offering.
- Represented a global venture capital firm in its participation in a “B” round preferred stock offering of a diagnostic imaging systems company.
- Represented a private investor in its sale of a portfolio of interests in multiple private equity funds with a total transaction value of $100 million.
Rate : $$$$