Joseph E. Clark is an associate in the Labor & Employment Law Department and a member of the Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation Group where he focuses on complex employee benefits litigation.
Joe represents a diverse range of clients including financial service providers, Fortune 500 corporations, plan fiduciaries, and multiemployer funds in matters including government investigations, breach of fiduciary duty claims, cash balance plan conversions, denials of claims for benefits, and withdrawal liability and delinquent contribution claims. He was an integral member of the trial team for two recently tried ERISA lawsuits.
A frequent contributor to Proskauer’s Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation blog, Joe has authored pieces on employee stock ownership plans, excessive fee claims, fiduciary breach, investigation and determination of benefits claims, and best practices for plan drafting. He has also published several articles regarding benefit claims in BNA Insights.
- University of Southern California Law School, J.D., 2011
- Duke University, B.A., 2008
Admissions & Qualifications : California, New York
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court, California, Northern District
- U.S. District Court, California, Eastern District
- U.S. District Court, California, Central District
- U.S. District Court, California, Southern District
- U.S. District Court, New York, Southern District
Rate : $$$