Joseph B. Conahan’s practice focuses on the representation of buyers, sellers and boards of directors in mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures and other strategic transactions in the technology, life sciences, FinTech and financial services industries, as well as on counseling public companies on complex governance and disclosure matters.
Mr. Conahan is a member of the Boston Bar Association and serves on the Mergers & Acquisitions Committee, and is co-chair of the Boston Bar Association’s 2016 Mergers & Acquisitions Advisory Committee.
Mr. Conahan’s pro bono work includes the representation of organizations such as Bridge Boston Charter School, GlobalGiving Foundation and Boston Children’s Chorus on a variety of matters.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific in the sale of its Anatomical Pathology business to PHC Holdings Corporation;
- Cumberland Farms, Inc. in the sale of its Gulf Oil and Assured Deal business to affiliates of ArcLight Capital Partners;
- Analog Devices in its acquisition of the assets of Sand9;
- Kolltan Pharmaceuticals in its acquisition of Xetrios;
- Thermo Fisher Scientific in the sale of its cell culture, gene modulation and magnetic beads businesses to GE Healthcare;
- The Medicines Company in its acquisition of Recothrom from Bristol-Myers Squibb Company;
- Dean Foods Company in the initial public offering and subsequent spin-off of its former subsidiary The WhiteWave Foods Company;
- Constant Contact in its acquisition of the assets of Bantam Networks.
- JD, Georgetown University Law Center, 2004
- BS, Georgetown University, 2001
ADMISSIONS : Massachusetts, District of Columbia, Pennsylvania.
Rate : $$$$