Joseph W. Creech represents real estate investment trusts (REITs), institutional lenders, commercial developers, real estate advisers, investors, and real property owners in commercial real estate transactions across major U.S. markets.
Joe focuses on the acquisition, development, financing, and disposition of real property. He has led negotiations on multi-million-dollar credit facilities, air purchase rights agreements, office projects, and retail and industrial property developments.
Joe has broad experience in conventional loan origination and securitized loan servicing. He structures joint venture financing and handles various commercial and retail leasing transactions, sales, and distressed asset workouts.
He also counsels clients on mixed-use projects and commercial shopping centers, and advises on real estate and property portfolio management matters, and construction and design contracting issues.
- Represented a prominent retail grocery store chain in developing a mixed-use project; involved negotiating an air rights purchase agreement, project development agreement, and condominium declaration
- Represented a state employees’ retirement fund involving a $194 million credit facility secured by multifamily projects located in four states
- Represented an investment adviser to a state employees’ retirement fund related to the joint venture acquisition and development of a core industrial property in Florida
- Represented an investment adviser to a state employees’ retirement fund in the acquisition, financing, and disposition of core multifamily, retail, and industrial properties in Maryland, Arizona, New Mexico, California, Texas, Georgia, and North Carolina, collectively valued at more than $250 million
- Represented a commercial developer in the joint venture acquisition and subsequent financing of a $124 million office project located in the mid-Atlantic region of the U.S.
- Represented a REIT in the acquisition and financing of a $62 million mixed-use property in downtown Los Angeles
- Represented a REIT in a build-to-suit industrial lease to a publicly traded company for more than 900,000 rentable square feet.
- J.D. Duke University School of Law 2004
- B.A. Englishcum laudeDuke University 2001
Bar Admissions : District of Columbia 2006, Georgia 2004
Professional Memberships :
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, District of Columbia Bar Association
- Member, District of Columbia Building Industry Association, Membership Committee
Rate : $$$$