Joseph M. DeFazio is an associate in Akerman’s Consumer Financial Services Practice Group. Joseph represents a wide array of financial services companies in state and federal litigation including class actions. He regularly defends financial services providers against individual and class claims brought pursuant to RESPA, TILA, FCRA, FDCPA, and TCPA.
Additionally, Joseph defends mortgage lenders, servicers, and other financial services providers against borrower complaints alleging violations of state statutes, wrongful foreclosures, and debt collection statutes.
- J.D., Loyola University New Orleans College of Law, 2010
- B.A., University of Alabama, History and Political Science, 2006
Bar Admissions : New York; New Jersey
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- New York County Lawyers’ Association, Member
- Law Clerk to Honorable Peter Bariso Jr., Superior Court of New Jersey, Hudson County Civil Division, 2010-2011
Rate : $$$$