Clients count on Joseph A. DeMaria as an aggressive advocate and ally when facing courtroom battles involving high-stakes business, construction or white-collar criminal disputes.
Joseph is a former federal prosecutor with decades of experience leading trial teams and crafting effective legal arguments before state and federal courts. He is well-known for his tenacity and no-holds-barred approach to major litigation.
Prior to joining Fox, Joseph was a longtime partner at the Miami law firm of Tew Cardenas LLP. He was also a trial attorney with the U.S. Department of Justice, Miami Organized Crime Strike Force. While in law school, he served as the managing editor of the Buffalo Law Review.
Joseph has served since 1994 as an adjunct professor at the University of Miami School of Law, teaching “Trial Skills” and “Business Litigation Skills.”
He is also a frequent author and lecturer on construction litigation, mediation and white-collar criminal topics for the National Business Institute and has appeared as a legal commentator on white-collar criminal issues for CNN, CNBC and national and local radio outlets.
- State University of New York at Buffalo Law School (J.D., cum laude, 1982)
- St. Bonaventure University (B.A., magna cum laude, 1979)
- Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America
- Board of Trustees, St. Bonaventure University, 2009-2018
- Florida Commissioner to the National Conference of Commissioners on Uniform State Laws, 2005-2007
- The Florida Bar, Federal Practice Committee, 2012-2018
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
BAR ADMISSIONS : Florida, New York
Rate : $$$$