Joseph A. Escarez is a partner in the firm’s Los Angeles office, and is a member of the Commercial Litigation and Financial Services Litigation practice groups. He focuses his practice on the representation of financial institutions and retailers, with emphasis on the defense of consumer class actions and other complex matters.
Mr. Escarez has defended a wide range of actions brought against national banks, credit card issuers, mortgage lenders, specialty finance companies, retailers and Internet-based companies. He has significant experience defending against allegations of consumer fraud, unfair business practices, and violations of federal and state regulatory statutes, including the federal FCRA, FDCPA, TCPA, TILA, and California’s UCL and CLRA.
Mr. Escarez is also a member of the Health Care Fraud and Provider Billing Litigation Specialty Team. He represents welfare benefit plans and other payors in healthcare reimbursement and provider billing litigation under ERISA, RICO and state law.
In addition to handling active litigation matters, Mr. Escarez advises clients about legal and regulatory developments affecting their businesses to assist them with compliance and risk management issues.
- J.D., University of California, Davis, King Hall School of Law (2009)
- B.S., California State University, Los Angeles, magna cum laude (2004)
- U.S. District Courts for the Central, Eastern, Northern and Southern Districts of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
Rate : $$$$