Joseph F. McDonough has built upon his background in economics and accounting to develop a practice devoted in roughly equal parts to financial transactions (including bankruptcy and restructuring) and litigation, believing that experience in both fields adds depth and understanding that enhances delivery of higher quality services in either.
Joe’s business practice centers around the sale of companies, executive employment agreements, credit placement and corporate reorganizations both in and out of bankruptcy. As a litigator, he focuses on a range of business-related issues including property damage recovery, contract disputes, accounting/legal malpractice defense and commercial litigation.
Reflecting his breadth of experience, he is currently recognized by The Best Lawyers in America in the Bet-The-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Banking and Finance Litigation, Mergers & Acquisitions Litigation, Trust and Estates Litigation, and Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights categories.
- Yale Law School, J.D., 1974
- American University, B.A., 1971, magna cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
Rate : $$$$