With over three decades of experience working with the U.S. Congress, the Executive Branch, and the private sector, Joseph T. Findaro represents clients in natural resources, water, agriculture, energy, environmental, international, and Native American matters at the federal and state levels.
Joe regularly interacts with top ranking officials and staff in the Executive Branch, and his diverse background has enabled him to foster effective working relationships with members and key staff in the U.S. Congress.
Prior to entering private practice, Joe served in the Reagan Administration as Deputy Assistant Secretary for Water and Science at the U.S. Department of the Interior, and as Counsel in the California Governor’s Washington, D.C. Office. He was also the Director of Federal Affairs at the Entergy Corporation, a major investor-owned electric utility company.
- J.D., Fordham University School of Law, 1981
- B.A., Tufts University, Political Science and Psychology, 1978, summa cum laude
Bar Admissions : New York ; District of Columbia
Professional Experience :
- Entergy Corporation, Director Federal Affairs
- U.S. Department of the Interior-Water and Science, Deputy Assistant Secretary
- U.S. Department of Interior-Representative to the Reagan Administration Task Force on International Trade
- U.S. Department of the Interior – Water, Power & Native Americans, Legislative Counsel
- Washington, DC Office of Governor Deukmejian (California), Counsel
- New York State Senate Environment Committee, Counsel
- United Nations Centre on Transnational Corporations, Intern
- District of Columbia Bar, Environmental & Natural Resources Section, Member
- Catholic University School of Civil Engineering, Washington, D.C., Environmental Law & Policy Instructor, 1992 – 2014
- George Mason University Law School, Arlington, VA, Visiting Instructor, 2012-2014
- Lead the Way Fund, Inc., Washington, D.C. Committee
- Tufts University President’s Challenge, Boston Marathon, Participant
- Member, Boston Athletic Association (organizer of the Boston Marathon); Advocate and fundraiser for victims of the 2013 Boston Marathon bombing
- McGeorge School of Law, Sacramento, California, American Law Seminar Instructor, Foreign Law Program, University of Salzburg, Austria, 1994-1996
Rate : $$$