Joseph Amos is a shareholder with the firm. Since 1990 he has concentrated his practice in the areas related to catastrophic loss, personal injury, professional and product liability, bad faith claims and insurance disputes, and business litigation.
Part of his practice also includes mediation/dispute resolution and CE teaching. In fact, Joe is certified by the Florida Supreme Court as a Circuit Civil Mediator.
Joe was appointed to the Florida Supreme Court’s Standard Civil Jury Instructions Committee, and in 2010 was invited to join ABOTA, where he currently serves as President. Since 2012 (years 2012 through 2018), he has been named one of Florida’s “Best Lawyers” in several areas.
Joe is a University of Florida graduate, undergrad and law school. He is active in local Bar activities, is former President of the Legal Aid Society, and serves as a current Legal Aid trustee.
- University of Florida College of Law, Gainesville, Florida, J.D. – 1990
- University of Florida, B.A. – 1987
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Florida Supreme Court, Civil Jury Instruction Committee, Chair, Spoliation Sub-Committee, 2007 – Present
- Orange County Bar Association, Member
- Legal Aid Society of Central Florida, Trustee, 2014 – Present
- Professionalism Committee
- Federal & State Trial Practice Committee
- The Florida Bar, Trial Lawyers Section, Member, 1992 – Present
- American Bar Association, Litigation, Tort and Insurance Sections, Member
- Florida Defense Lawyers Association, Member
- Leadership Orlando/Orlando Chamber of Commerce, Member
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Central Florida Chapter, 2010 – Present
Rate : $$$