Joseph L. Reece focuses on commercial, corporate and real estate law, including mergers and acquisitions and commercial litigation. His commercial law practice includes assisting clients with real estate transactions, business purchase and sale transactions, corporate advice, and financing transactions. His litigation practice includes commercial litigation and environmental compliance and related litigation.
- Has represented buyers and sellers in merger and acquisition transactions in various industries including broadcasting, oil field services, construction, retail, insurance brokerage, hospital, oil refining, hotels, and grocery.
- Has represented multiple clients in real estate acquisitions and sales, leasing and related issues for transactions ranging from Alaska’s largest ski resort/hotel/golf course property to smaller transactions.
- Has represented multiple clients in formation of corporations, limited liability companies, professional corporations, and limited partnerships, and in merger and dissolution of corporate entities.
- Has represented lenders such as Bank of America, Keybank, Ford Motor Credit Corp., GE Capital, Toyota Motor Credit Corp., and Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corp. in numerous financing transactions.
- Trial practice including taking jury and non-jury trials to successful verdict or judgment in state and federal court in cases involving contract disputes, logging claims, aircraft accidents, and corporate misconduct.
- Has successfully settled litigation in many other subject areas including real estate, bank financing, and environmental.
Professional & Community Activities:
- Co-chair, Real Estate Section, Alaska Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Anchorage Bar Association
- J.D., Gonzaga University School of Law, 1981, cum laude
- Associate Editor, Gonzaga Law Review
- Certificate, Russian Language, Defense Language Institute, 1972
- B.A., French, Loyola University New Orleans, 1970, magna cum laude
Rate : $$$$