Joseph H. Langerak joined Stoll Keenon Ogden’s Evansville office in 2018, and is a Member of the Business Litigation and Bankruptcy & Financial Restructuring practice groups. Joe advises companies ranging from small businesses to large corporate clients on litigation arising from disputes and various transactional matters.
A thoughtful strategist who embraces complex legal challenges, Joe thrives when he has a novel issue to research, unravel and, ultimately, solve for his clients. He tried his first federal case while he was still in law school and has since brought multiple cases to jury verdict in several states. He has regularly appeared before state courts throughout the eastern U.S., as well as federal courts, at the trial and appellate levels.
Business Litigation: Joe advises corporate clients ranging from small businesses to large corporate clients on litigation arising from contracts, business dealings, real estate leasing agreements, issues concerning bankruptcy and creditor rights, and general finance matters. He frequently works with clients in commercial construction, including land owners, retail shopping center owners and operators, contractors and sub-contractors, and design-builders.
Joe guides regional and multi-state banks and lenders on sound approaches to insolvency situations and serves as lead defense counsel when litigation is required. For every client he represents, he builds upon a strong track record of successfully handling cases relating to the liquidation of company assets, claims of breach of fiduciary duty, and defaulted loans.
- Valparaiso University School of Law 2005, J.D.
- Aquinas College 2002, B.S. in Business Administration
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 4th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 6th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan
- Indiana Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Evansville Bar Association, Board Member
- High School Mock Trial Program, Former Chair
- Access to Justice Committee, Former Chair
- Evansville Bar Association Young Lawyers Section, Former Chair
- Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana, Business Litigation Executive Committee Member
- Brooks American Inns of Court
Rate : $$$$