Mr. Joseph R. Lanser is a partner focusing his practice in intellectual property and information technologies litigation, particularly patent and copyright infringement litigation. His litigation experience has involved a wide range of technologies and issues, including semiconductors, computer hardware and science, chemical science, medical devices, mechanical joining technologies, mechanical devices, electrical devices, food preparation products, Internet, business methods, and university ownership and fair use of faculty teaching materials.
Mr. Lanser has participated in all aspects of litigation, including bench and jury trials and hearings on motions for temporary restraining order and preliminary injunctive relief, before federal district courts, federal appellate courts, including the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, and the U.S. International Trade Commission.
Mr. Lanser is also registered patent attorney licensed to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office and has prepared and prosecuted numerous patents in the mechanical, business method, Internet search engine, information technology, software, electrical and chemical arts.
He has counseled clients in numerous intellectual property and information technology matters, including patent preparation and prosecution, patent infringement opinion analysis, invention ownership, intellectual property licensing, federal grant funding, Internet privacy policies, domain name disputes, and employee privacy issues.
- J.D., Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology (2000)
- Certificate in Intellectual Property Law
- LL.M., John Marshall Law School (2001)
- B.S., Southern Illinois University (1995)
- American Bar Association (Labor and Employment, Dispute Resolution, Litigation (including the Committee on Class and Derivative Actions and Business Law Sections))
- Chicago Bar Association
- Seventh Circuit Bar Association
- United States Chamber of Commerce (Member, Labor Relations Committee)
- Former Member of the Federalist Society
Rate : $$$