Joseph Lanzkron is partner of Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP. Joseph joined the firm in 2009 and became a partner in 2019. Joseph Lanzkron’s practice focuses on real estate, corporate, and financial transactions.
He regularly advises high-profile clients on complex real estate acquisitions, dispositions, and joint ventures. He also represents both borrowers and lenders in various mortgage and mezzanine financing transactions across multiple property types, including both securitized and balance sheet loans.
- The various lending syndicates in the mortgage and mezzanine financing of Blackstone’s multibillion-dollar acquisition of Strategic Hotels & Resorts, and in a $1.02 billion mortgage loan, secured by the Willis Tower in Chicago.
- One of the world’s largest sovereign wealth funds in the acquisitions of Class A office buildings across the United States with a joint venture partner.
- Brookfield Asset Management in multiple acquisitions and financings, including its $2.5 billion acquisition of Associated Estates, a publicly traded multifamily REIT.
- Angelo, Gordon & Co. in subscription line facilities for multiple real estate funds.
- A significant asset manager in connection with its potential acquisition of an interest in a portfolio of multifamily properties.
- Goldman Sachs as financial advisor to NorthStar Asset Management Group in its $58 billion combination with Colony Capital, and to NorthStar Realty Finance to create a real estate and investment management platform.
- Goldman Sachs, as lender, in connection with a financing package for Veritas Investments Inc. Goldman provided $815 million in financing for 75 multifamily properties, marking the largest transaction of its kind in San Francisco to date.
- Colony Capital, as borrower, on the financing of its portfolio of Jameson Inn hotels located in the Southeast and Midwest United States.
- A Mexican bank, as lender, in numerous bridge and mortgage loan financings of luxury multifamily, hotel, and mixed-use projects.
- H/2 Capital Partners, as lender, in connection with the origination of a $202 million to an affiliate of Spear Street Capital, secured by a portfolio of office properties in Houston.
- Brooklyn Law School, J.D., 2009
- Touro College, B.S., 2005
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
Rate : $$$$