Joseph J. LoBue is a partner in the Business Trial Practice Group and a member of the firm’s International Arbitration team in the firm’s Washington, D.C. office. Mr. LoBue represents clients in a wide variety of matters in both arbitration and traditional litigation. He has extensive experience representing and advising clients in connection with highly complex disputes involving cross-border transactions.
Mr. LoBue regularly represents multi-national and global companies in the energy, energy infrastructure, aerospace, telecommunications and other technology industries. He has represented clients in numerous proceedings in the U.S. courts and in arbitration proceedings before the ICC, ICSID, AAA, ICDR, and JAMS, among other institutions. Mr. LoBue is recognized in Legal 500 and Expert Guides in the areas of international and commercial arbitration. Some of his recent representations include:
- A subsidiary of Total S.A. in ICSID arbitration against the Republic of Uganda relating to the imposition of a tax on the transfer of assets.
- A subsidiary of Eni S.p.A. in ICDR arbitration relating to the termination of a long-term contract for LNG importation and regasification services at a facility in the port of Pascagoula.
- A large French energy company in ICC arbitration against an Argentinian entity involving a dispute over the ownership of rights in an ICSID claim against the government of Argentina.
- Orbital Sciences Corporation in antitrust litigation against United Launch Alliance in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia.
- An oil exploration and production company in an ICC arbitration against the government of Sierra Leone relating to the expropriation of offshore oil exploration rights in West Africa.
- A large US defense contractor in a commercial (foreign military sales) dispute regarding specification compliance and delay and disruption costs in connection with aircraft electronic warfare, radar and infrared targeting systems.
- A Belize corporation in an ICC arbitration in connection with the sale and installation of mobile telecommunication infrastructure equipment in Turkey.
- A US financial services company in class action securities litigation in federal court and enforcement proceedings in the US Securities and Exchange Commission.
Prior to attending law school, Mr. LoBue served as an officer and aviator in the United States Navy. He retired as a Commander in the United States Naval Reserve.
- J.D., Catholic University of America, 2001, magna cum laude
- B.E., The Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art, 1986
- District of Columbia
- New York
Rate : $$$$