Joseph A. Mascia has an extensive range of experience in the commercial real estate arena. He counsels real estate owners, developers, property owners, and business entities across all real estate asset classes with respect to commercial acquisitions and dispositions, financings, joint ventures, and leasing.
With respect to transactional matters, Joe represents and counsels clients on the acquisition and sale of office, multifamily, industrial, warehouse, mixed-use properties as well as development sites.
He has expansive experience in negotiating acquisition financing and construction loans as borrower’s counsel. On behalf of both sponsors and investors, Joe negotiates sophisticated and complex joint ventures for real estate developments in New York City and the surrounding areas.
In the leasing arena, he advises both landlords and tenants on a broad array of commercial, industrial, office, and restaurant leasing matters. His experience with respect to leasing includes negotiation of net leases, office leases, ground leases, build-to-suit leases, and sale-leaseback transactions.
With in-depth knowledge of real estate law matters representing both purchasers and sellers and landlords and tenants, Joe understands the needs and issues faced by owners and developers in the purchase and sale of property and by commercial owners and tenants in leasing matters.
From representing clients on both sides of a transaction, Joe’s experience gives him the know-how to advise clients on issues as they arise and enables him to understand the business terms and issues facing each party to effectively negotiate and finalize agreements, contracts, and leases.
As noted in the Representative Matters below, Joe has worked on noteworthy local and national transactions, including the acquisition and disposition and leasing of notable properties in New York City and the tri-state area, air rights and ground lease transactions, and real estate-based financing.
Joe attended Fordham University where he received his Bachelor of Science degree and received his law degree from Fordham University School of Law.
- Represented investors in joint venture agreement for an 80-story building being built in lower Manhattan that will have both a commercial and residential component. The initial investment of was in excess of $85 million.
- Represented developer in the acquisition of a development site in Manhattan that included the acquisition of air rights. The project will also include the construction of high-end condominiums.
- Represented landlord in the leasing of a rehabilitated building that involved multiple tenants, including office, medical, and retail space.
- Represented the seller in disposition of $122, million commercial condominium unit in New York City in which the seller and purchaser entered into a hotel management agreement.
- Represented borrowers in the refinancing of commercial real estate loans ranging from $4. 5 million to $85 million.
- Represented the sellers in sale of commercial office buildings, development sites, and varied commercial and industrial properties.
- Drafted and negotiated subleases on behalf of sub-landlords and sub-tenants for first class office space in New York City.
- Represented a quasi-public, not-for-profit entity in its acquisition of a $19 million assemblage of property in Brooklyn.
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D., 1991
- Fordham University, B.S., 1988
BAR ADMISSIONS : New York
Rate : $$$