Joseph R. Mencher is a partner in the Intellectual Property and Blockchain Practice Groups. He focuses his practice on intellectual property, including patent prosecution and portfolio strategy.
Before joining the firm, Joseph conducted research in materials for flat panel displays at the University of California at San Diego. In addition to his law degree, Joseph holds an M.S. in material science and engineering and a B.S. in mechanical engineering.
Joseph’s intellectual property law experience includes:
- Preparing and prosecuting U.S. utility, U.S. design, foreign and PCT patent applications covering a wide variety of technologies, including energy exploration and production equipment, medical devices, pipeline-related equipment, computer hardware and software, industrial and consumer lighting products, hydraulic systems, thermal management systems, crypto currency and blockchain systems, and a variety of business methods in the fields of computer manufacturing, Internet based business services, and financial services including banking, insurance, and investing.
- Conducting product reviews, patentability, freedom of operation, validity and infringement investigations, and preparing related opinion letters.
Professional and Community Activities:
- State Bar of Texas
- Austin Intellectual Property Law Association
- United Way
- J.D., University of Texas at Austin School of Law, 2003, with honors
- M.S., Material Science and Engineering, University of California, San Diego, 2000
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, University of California, Santa Barbara, 1998
- Texas, 2003
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 2005
Rate : $$$$