Joseph Grasser’s practice focuses on federal and state court litigation with emphasis on intellectual property matters and unfair competition claims. Joseph also advises domestic and international clients on matters relating to trademarks, copyrights and trade secret matters. His experience includes all phases of litigation, from initial motion practice through to jury trial and appeal.
- Representing the famous Muirfield Village Golf Club, securing a TRO, preliminary injunction and, ultimately, a permanent injunction in S.D. Ohio, preventing a Texas LLC from claiming exclusive rights to Muirfield’s 40+ year old trademark for its annual PGA Tour tournament.
- Representing a Korea-based maker of ramen noodle products and its US subsidiary in a class action dispute alleging violation of US antitrust laws.
- Represented the exclusive licensee of a famous brand for food stuff in a trade dress dispute with the owner of another famous brand. The matter resolved by settlement before litigation was instituted.
- Representing W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Co. in a trademark infringement action arising out of defendant’s sales of Case knives that have been modified to be “switchblades.”
- Representing a nationwide distributor of fine hand-knitting yarns in an unfair competition and RICO action against a competitor.
- Counsel in numerous TTAB opposition and cancellation proceedings.
- Santa Clara University, J.D., 2007
- Santa Clara University, B.S., cum laude, 2002
Rate : $$$