Joseph Williams is a member of the firm’s seven-person Management Committee.
Joe is a member of the Real Estate, Environmental and Land Use Practice Group. He practices in the areas of environmental and land use permitting and litigation, primarily representing private companies, developers and property owners in a wide array of real estate-related proceedings including site development applications, administrative appeals, adverse possession, boundary and easement disputes, injunction actions, eminent domain, affordable housing, constitutional claims such as takings, religious freedom and fair housing, and environmental clean-up and cost recovery actions.
He also has represented several municipalities, boards of education, independent schools and state agencies in such matters.
Joe regularly appears before federal, state and local administrative agencies on such matters as well as trial and appellate courts at the state and federal level. He is also frequently called upon to serve as an expert witness in these practice areas.
- American Bar Association: Section of Environment, Energy and Resources; Section of Litigation
- Connecticut Bar Association: Executive Committee, Environmental Law Section; Executive Committee, Planning and Zoning Section
- Greater New Haven Chamber of Commerce: Board of Directors
- CREW – The Real Estate Exchange
- Connecticut Developers Council
- Home Builders & Remodelers Association of Central Connecticut
- National Association of College and University Attorneys
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 1994, cum laude
- The American University, B.A., 1991, magna cum laude
Rate : $$$