A dedicated employment litigator, Joseph S. Persoff is determined to help clients both comply with the law and stay true to their business models. His experience with employment claims and class action suits includes playing an instrumental role in drafting appellate briefs and trial court motions, including summary judgment motions, post-trial motions and anti-SLAPP motions, as well as arguing multiple cases before courts of appeal.
Well-versed on a range of employment issues, Joseph has offered critical support on matters that involved discrimination, retaliation and harassment.
- Argued cases before the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals and the California Court of Appeal.
- Drafted appellate briefs, petitions for writ of mandate and petitions for review to the California Supreme Court.
- Prepared trial and appellate court motions, including oppositions to demurrers, motions for summary judgements, anti-SLAPP motions, motions in limine, motions for new trial and motions to dismiss an appeal.
Memberships : Los Angeles County Bar Association
Community : Los Angeles World Affairs Council: Young Professionals
- J.D., University of Southern California Gould School of Law, 2015; Southern California Law Review, Senior Submissions Editor
- B.S., Syracuse University, 2010
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
Rate : $$$$