Joseph L. Rebak represents clients in all aspects of commercial disputes. He has extensive experience litigating contracts, business torts, real estate, banking, fiduciary duty, fraud, class action, and unfair competition claims. Joseph handles matters at the trial and appellate levels in both state and federal courts.
Notable Work :
- Development Litigation: Represented the developer of large condominium project in Miami Beach in numerous litigation matters, including disputes with government and adjoining property owners over density and development rights.
- Landlord Tenant: Represented the leasee/operator of fourteen nursing homes throughout the State of Florida in litigation with its landlord regarding issues arising under the operating leases including the propriety of Cost Reports, application of Medicaid Regulations to accounting principals, and insurance requirements.
- Environmental Contamination: Represented the developer of a project in litigation with the former owners and environmental professionals regarding contamination discovered on the property.
- Special Committee: Represented the special litigation committee of a public company in a derivative action.
- Trade Secrets and Covenants Not to Compete:Represented Aircraft Repair and Maintenance Facility and enjoined former employee from working for competitor and sharing trade secrets.
- J.D., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1980
- B.A., Villanova University, 1977, cum laude
Bar Admissions : Florida
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
Rate : $$$$