Joseph Rebein has served as lead trial counsel in complex litigation matters, including antitrust, contract and securities class actions. Joe has tried both federal and state trials, National Association of Securities Dealers arbitrations, general civil arbitrations, administrative proceedings before state and federal regulatory bodies and Commodity Futures Trading Commission enforcement actions. Joe also has extensive experience in mediations and is the firm’s member of the Conflict Prevention and Resolution Institute for Dispute Resolution.
Antitrust – Defense of several Fortune 500 companies in antitrust suits, including lead counsel for a large components manufacturer in MDL litigation, lead counsel for a chemical company in defending an alleged price fixing conspiracy and national settlement counsel for defendants in a monopolization case.
Arbitration – Representation of corporations in major arbitration proceedings, including cases seeking or opposing confirmation of awards.
Settlement Counsel and Case Resolution – Joe has been active in seeking creative and early settlement of complex matters including class actions, opt out cases and government investigations. He has extensive experience in settlement of complex cases acting as lead settlement counsel in two multidistrict litigation matters.
Joe has mediated hundreds of cases and is known as a person who is relentless in seeking resolution that meets client expectations. Joe has developed good working relationships with judges, mediators and plaintiffs’ counsel.
State Attorneys General Investigations – Defense of companies in litigation by state attorney generals in both pre-suit civil investigative demands as well as in follow on litigation.
Securities – Defense of securities class actions and derivative litigation. Recently obtained complete dismissal of a case claiming stock options backdating. Approved NASD chairperson and arbitrator. Sole arbitrator on 20 Prudential Securities Limited Partnership Arbitrations. Represents both claimants and broker/dealers in securities arbitrations and litigation.
Class Actions – Represented clients in approximately 50 class action suits involving antitrust, securities, trespass and other cases. Has appeared before numerous state and federal courts, including the Panel on Multidistrict Litigation.
Uniform Commercial Code/Warranty/Negligence Litigation – Advised corporate clients on a variety of Uniform Commercial Code/warranty issues. Lead counsel in several breach of warranty cases which involved claims for multimillion in damages.
- J.D., University of Kansas School of Law, 1985
- B.S., University of Kansas, 1982 (Journalism)
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut
- U.S. District Court, District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Mississippi
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Mississippi
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- American Bar Association, Section of Antitrust; Section of Securities Litigation
- Conflict Prevention and Resolution Institute for Dispute Resolution
- Defense Research Institute
- Intellectual Property Owners Association
Rate : $$$