Joseph “Josh” Green focuses his practice on commercial real estate, finance, general corporate law, and business transactions. Mr. Green routinely represents clients in commercial lending transactions, and has represented borrowers and lenders in a wide assortment of commercial acquisitions and financings, including health care facilities, shopping centers, housing developments, warehouses, and industrial facilities.
He has experience assisting clients with the purchase, sale, and development of real property, zoning and land use matters, leases, local counsel representation, and title related matters.
Mr. Green also represents clients in a variety of corporate transactions, including forming business entities, drafting, negotiating, and reviewing business contracts, and advising buyers and sellers in stock and asset acquisitions.
He advises both non-profit and for-profit entities in various stages of formation, organization, and growth, and assists clients with mergers, consolidations, and other corporate restructurings and reorganizations.
Prior to joining Baker Donelson’s Jackson office, Mr. Green was an associate with the Firm in New Orleans. He has also worked for various non-profit organizations, including the Mississippi Sustainable Agriculture Network and the Athens Land Trust.
- Tulane University Law School, J.D., 2012, magna cum laude
- University of Mississippi, M.A. in southern studies, 2017
- University of Mississippi, B.A. in history, classics, 2008, magna cum laude
- Mississippi, 2015
- Louisiana, 2012
- Represented the buyer in asset acquisition of medical billing software and support business.
- Represented the seller in a $30 million asset sale of pipe fabrication and coating contractor.
- Assisted major wireless service provider in obtaining zoning approvals throughout Louisiana.
- Represented a large gaming company in several-hundred million dollar financed acquisition of Louisiana casino development.
- Advised thermal services utility company on various real estate issues arising from public-private leasing and service agreements for the provision of thermal services.
- Assisted major energy and utility company in obtaining planning and zoning approval for $800 million power plant retrofit and expansion.
- Represented the buyer in several multi-million dollar financed acquisitions of low income housing developments.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Member – Louisiana State Bar Association
- Member – Mississippi State Bar Association
- Secretary – International Law Section of Louisiana Bar Association (2015 – 2016)
- CALI Awards for: International Trade and Finance, Corporate Finance, International Business Transactions, and European Company Law
Rate : $$$