For more than a decade, Joseph B. Sconyers has represented global financial institutions and other market participants concerning a broad range of securities matters. Since the credit crisis, his practice has emphasized advising clients concerning disputes, regulatory inquiries, and strategic transactions involving structured financial products.
Joe has extensive experience with legacy residential mortgage-backed securities as well as post-crisis securitization transactions backed by other asset types. In addition to his structured finance experience, Joe has advised boards of directors, board committees, and corporate directors and officers in shareholder disputes, regulatory investigations, and litigation arising from corporate transactions.
He also has represented global accounting firms in connection with securities-related regulatory inquiries and client disputes. He also has successfully represented clients seeking to enjoin misappropriation of trade secrets and other intellectual property and to enforce nondisclosure and noncompetition agreements through expedited litigation. Joe’s trial experience includes complex securities and intellectual property disputes.
Prior to law school, Joe worked for a series of venture-backed high-tech companies, principally in Cambridge, Massachusetts and Washington, D.C. Joe recently served as a member of the board of directors of the University of Connecticut School of Law Alumni Association and as a trustee of Beacon Academy in Boston.
- University of Connecticut (J.D. with high honors 2006; Associate Editor, Connecticut Law Review; Moot Court Board); Boston College (B.A. 2001)
BAR ADMISSIONS :
- Massachusetts, New York, U.S. Courts of Appeals for the First and Ninth Circuits, U.S. District Courts for the District of Massachusetts and the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- Intern to Magistrate Judge Viktor V. Pohorelsky, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York (Summer 2004)
- GMAC Mortgage defends against Unfair and Deceptive Practices lawsuit
- Gillette obtains dismissal of trade secret action
Rate : $$$$