Since 1997, Joseph Reed has represented clients in Central Florida. He limits his practice to the areas of guardianship, elder law, wills and trusts, probate administration, Medicaid planning, real estate and commercial transactions.
Mr. Reed represents family members as well as professional fiduciaries serving as guardians, trustees and personal representatives.
Throughout his career he has handled a variety of matters related to the area of protective proceedings and probate administration and he has litigated numerous contested cases, including guardian appointment proceedings, will contests, removal of breaching fiduciaries, and recovery of assets in financial exploitation cases. Additionally, he has represented and insured hundreds of buyers and sellers in the purchase, sale and finance of both residential and commercial real estate.
A significant part his practice is devoted to the preparation of pre-need planning documents, wills and trusts, including special needs and discretionary trusts, with a goal of qualifying for and preserving public benefits for incapacitated and elderly individuals.
He advises clients, as well as other attorneys and advocacy organizations on issues relating to guardianship, powers of attorney and end-of-life matters. He has served as court-appointed counsel and as guardian ad litem.
- Stetson University College of Law, Gulfport, Florida, J.D. – 1994
- Oral Roberts University, Tulsa, Oklahoma, B.S.
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 2009
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Lakeland Bar Association, Member
- Elder Law Section of the Florida Bar, Member
- Real Property Trust Law Section of the Florida Bar, Member
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Florida Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Polk County Estate Planning Council
- Better Living for Seniors of Polk County
- The Lakeland Rotary Club
Rate : $$$