Joseph J. (JJ) Shepherd is an Associate at Fragomen’s New York office. He advises employers and individuals on all aspects of U.S. immigration and nationality law, with a particular emphasis on immigration compliance.
JJ has extensive experience managing employment-based U.S. immigration programs for multinational corporate clients in the technology, financial services, information media, automotive, research, mining, and video game industries.
He also has experience advising and representing individual, corporate and institutional clients in the motion picture and television, arts and entertainment, and higher education industries.
JJ volunteers extensively with the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), and is dedicated to the advancement of U.S. immigration law and policy.
He serves as the Chair of the AILA California Service Center Liaison Committee and is a member of the AILA Service Center Operations Liaison Committee and AILA Advanced Business and EB-5 Issues Conference Committee.
He previously served on several other national AILA committees and working groups.
JJ has authored numerous articles and practice pointers published by AILA andBender’s Immigration Bulletin, among others, and is frequently invited to speak at national conferences and seminars regarding current trends and best practices in U.S. immigration law and policy.
- Brooklyn Law School | J.D., 2009
- Tulane University | B.A., 2004
Bar Admissions: Massachusetts
Court Admissions: U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
- Chair, AILA National USCIS California Service Center Liaison Committee, 2018-Present
- Member, AILA National USCIS Service Center Operations Liaison Committee, 2017-Present
- Member, AILA National Advanced Business and EB-5 Issues Conference Committee, 2018-Present
- Former Vice Chair, AILA National USCIS California Service Center Liaison Committee, 2017-2018
- Former Member, AILA National Online Resources Task Force, 2017-2018
- Former Member, AILA National Athletics, Culture, Entertainment and Science Committee, 2015-2017
- Former Liaison, AILA Southern California Chapter DOS Committee, 2016-2017
- Former Liaison, AILA Southern California Chapter USCIS District 23 Committee, 2015-2016
- Former Member, AILA National LGBT Immigration Issues Working Group, 2014-2015
- Former Liaison, AILA Southern California Chapter Congressional Advocacy Committee, 2014-2015
- Former Liaison, AILA Southern California Chapter LGBT Committee, 2013-2014
Rate : $$$