Joseph Charron represents management in all aspects of labor and employment law, with an emphasis on litigating employment claims in federal and state courts and before administrative agencies.
Mr. Charron has represented employers in litigation involving matters of employment discrimination, unlawful termination, breaches of non-competition agreements, whistleblowing, and wage and hour compliance.
Prior to joining Ogletree Deakins, Mr. Charron was an HR manager for a large unionized manufacturing company. As an HR Manager Mr. Charron was responsible for all aspects of human resources, including performance management and succession planning, legal compliance, benefits administration, and discipline and discharge decisions.
Additionally, Mr. Charron negotiated and administered collective bargaining agreements for two unions, representing approximately 300 employees.
- J.D., highest honors, University of Tulsa College of Law, 2015
- MHRLR, Michigan State Universtiy, 2007
- B.A., Kalamazoo College, 2005
Admitted to Practice:
- U.S. District Court, Central, Northern and Southern Districts of Illinois
- Won summary judgment in federal court on plaintiff’s claims of race discrimination against a large hospital.
- Won motion to dismiss on plaintiff’s claims of age discrimination in state court.
- Defended client in Mine Safety and Health investigation of employee safety complaints.
- Drafted and revised multiple employee handbooks for large multi-state employers, ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local law.
- Drafted numerous post-hearing arbitration briefs regarding contract interpretation disputes as well as discharge decisions.
- Counseled large and small employers on new developments in state, federal, and local laws and provided advice on the impact to the employer’s operations.
- Counseled large and small employers on a broad range of employment issues including medical leaves, accommodations, termination decisions, and compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws.
- SHRM Member
- Chicago Bar Association
Rate : $$$$