Joseph DeLave focuses his law practice on Construction and Real Estate matters. For over 30 years, Mr. DeLave has represented owners and contractors in a variety of construction matters.
Mr. DeLave has extensive experience litigating a wide array of construction claims and disputes that have ranged from simple construction issues to complex commercial and municipal projects involving breach of contract, payment, lien, bonding, construction defects, defaults, terminations, delays, differing site conditions, and builder’s trust violations.
In his capacity as counsellor, Mr. DeLave assists his clients with project level claims analysis, claim preservation and avoidance counseling. He is also highly skilled at negotiating and drafting both commercial and residential contracts for owners and contractors including design, construction and design/build contracts.
In addition to his construction practice, Mr. DeLave has served as counsel for condemning authorities in right of way condemnation matters under eminent domain and lenders in the foreclosure of commercial properties and workouts.
Mr. DeLave serves on the Legal Advisory Committee for the Greater Detroit Chapter of the Associated General Contractors of America, is a member of the Detroit Area Contractor’s Association, and is a certified mediator specializing in construction disputes.
- University of Notre Dame, B.A., 1984
- University of Notre Dame School of Law, J.D., 1987
- Michigan, 1987
- Associated General Contractors of America
- Legal Advisory Committee of the Greater Detroit Chapter of the Associated General Contractors of America
- State Bar of Michigan, Real Property and Litigation Sections
- Macomb County Bar Association
- Oakland County Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Forum on Construction Law
Rate : $$$