Josephine A. Brosas is a partner in the Los Angeles office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Intellectual Property & Technology Practice. Ms. Brosas is a registered patent attorney and focuses primarily on intellectual property and technology matters. Her experience includes
- Representation of clients in Patent Infringement, Trademark Infringement, Copyright Infringement, Trade Secret Misappropriation, Franchising, Defamation, Right of Publicity and Privacy, False Advertising and Unfair Competition litigation.
- Development of Intellectual Property and Technology management, protection and enforcement programs and procedures.
- Search, clearance and preparation and filing of patent and trademark applications.
- Representation of and related legal advise to franchisors and franchisees regarding franchising issues and commercial disputes.
- Southwestern University School of Law, Juris Doctor, magna cum laude, 2005
- University of California, Los Angeles, Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry, magna cum laude, 1999
- State Bar Admissions, California
- Other Admissions, United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Board of Governors, Philippine American Bar Association (PABA)
- Member, Los Angeles Intellectual Property Association (LAIPLA)
- Member, International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Methods Development and Validation Scientist, Alpha Therapeutic Corporation/Grifols USA, Los Angeles, CA
- Legal Extern, California Division of Occupational Safety and Health
Representative Cases :
- Represented an eyewear company in a patent infringement trial and obtained a multi-million dollar jury verdict, successfully opposed various post-trial motions and obtained attorney’s fees.
- Negotiated a favorable settlement agreement on behalf of a major shoe company involving Adidas’ three-stripe mark.
- Defended a major shoe company in a patent infringement suit in the Eastern District of Texas involving external shoe spring patents, which culminated in an exceedingly favorable settlement.
- Obtained over $34k in sanctions against opposing counsel in a highly contentious discovery dispute in a case involving purchase of a website and related intellectual property.
- Conducted IP due diligence in a multi-million dollar acquisition of a digital cinema solutions provider with the largest installed base of digital cinema servers in the Asia-Pacific region and the second largest globally.
Rate : $$$