Josephine S. Lo has extensive experience advising on complex tax, business, economic development and affordable housing-related matters. Josephine represents investors, banks, syndicators, yield guarantors, lenders, real estate developers and community development entities.
Her experience includes partnership taxation, complex deal structuring, bond and other financing, business negotiations, financial/tax planning, guaranties, rental subsidies, secondary market offerings, portfolio sales, workouts, restructurings, dispositions and community revitalization projects.
Josephine counsels on federal and state requirements for low-income housing, historic rehabilitation, new markets and solar energy tax credits. She also works with charities, foundations, hospitals, universities and associations.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Representing for more than 25 years two of the largest U.S. tax credit investors, closing hundreds of single-tiered and multitiered equity investments.
- Advised a Fortune 500 corporation on more than $212 million of equity investments in proprietary and multi-investor funds that in turn invest in low-income housing tax-credit projects throughout the U.S.
Represented a nonprofit developer in managing public-private sector collaboration and fusion of equity, loans and donations totaling $18 million to rehabilitate an historic theater in the District of Columbia.
PROFESSIONAL HIGHLIGHTS :
Participated in panels at the Novogradac and American Bar Association Affordable Housing, New Markets Tax Credit, and Community Development Conferences.
- American Bar Association
- :District of Columbia Bar Association
- Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- Organization of Chinese American Women
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 1988
- M.Ed., Columbia University, 1982
- M.A., Columbia University, 1981
ADMISSIONS : District of Columbia, Maryland, Texas
Rate : $$$$