Scott M. Hammond is a senior counsel in the firm’s corporate practice group, with a focus on debt finance transactions. Mr. Hammond has extensive experience in leveraged finance. He represents financial institutions in connection with asset-based and cash flow syndicated loan financings, acquisition financings, corporate restructurings, multicurrency financings and other debt transactions across a range of industries.
Prior to joining Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld, LLP, Mr. Hammond focused on leveraged finance transactions at a major international law firm.
Mr. Hammond’s background also includes working with a provider of research and analysis of syndicated loan financing deal documents.
- Mr. Hammond’s recent representations include:
- representing a Swiss bank as administrative agent in connection with a $2.5 billion ABL revolving credit agreement for borrowers in the oil refinery business
- assisting debt fund affiliates of a private equity sponsor in reviews of various credit/loan agreements
- representing a U.S. financial services company as administrative agent and collateral agent in connection with a $160 million refinancing for a clinical laboratory testing company.
- representing a German bank as agent in connection with a $700 million term and revolving senior facilities agreement for borrowers in the automotive equipment business
- representing a U.S. bank as agent for a $100 million revolving credit agreement for a cable/media business
- J.D., Fordham University School of Law, 2002
- B.A., Dartmouth College, 1996
- New York
Rate : $$$