Josh Combs advises clients in the energy industry on a wide variety of regulatory and regulatory litigation matters. Josh assists clients in navigating challenging, dynamic issues to stay current and compliant in an evolving industry.
Josh represents and advises clients on wide range of regulatory and regulatory litigation matters. Josh has been extensively involved in a variety of regulatory proceedings including base rate cases, resource certification applications, integrated resource planning (IRP), construction cost monitoring proceedings, and other litigation before state public service commissions.
Josh also helps corporations, trade associations, nonprofits and political action committees (PACs) navigate the web of laws and rules governing federal, state, and local political activity. Josh counsels clients on issues involving campaign finance, campaign disclosure and compliance, government ethics, and lobbying.
Representative Matters :
- Represented a public utility in a base rate case proceeding before the North Carolina Utilities Commission. This involved managing regulatory discovery, including overseeing document collection and review and propounding and responding to discovery requests.
- Managed a multistate discovery project, and provided strategic support in the 2016 merger of a large public utility holding company and gas company.
- Assisted in the representation of a public utility in cost recovery proceedings relating to a multibillion-dollar integrated gasification combined cycle plant.
- Assisted in the representation of a public utility in nuclear construction cost-monitoring proceedings before the Georgia Public Service Commission.
Professional and Community Involvement :
- Board Member, Emory University Annual Giving
- Energy Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Professional Experience : Extern, Office of the Georgia Attorney General, 2013
- Emory University School of Law, J.D., 2015, 2015 National Order of the Barristers
- Georgia Southern University, B.S., summa cum laude, 2012
COURT ADMISSIONS : Georgia Superior Courts
BAR ADMISSIONS : Georgia
Rate : $$$