Joshua Becker brings order out of chaos as a seasoned trial attorney with a national practice concentrating on high-profile complex litigation, including mass tort, product liability and class actions.
His recent experience includes significant commercial disputes, life sciences litigation and consumer fraud class actions.
Clients across the country trust Josh with critical responsibility, knowing that he provides seamless strategy in the most contentious cases in the most difficult jurisdictions. He is frequently sought out for comment by national and local media, including Bloomberg News and Law360.
He has served on both the product liability and energy editorial boards for Law360, as well as the editorial board of Product Liability Law & Strategy.
Josh also is committed to pro bono service, providing representation to both organizations and individuals, including a Nepali citizen in a successful U.S. Immigration Court trial and a subsequent defense of his client before the Board of Immigration Appeals.
Before becoming an attorney, Josh served as deputy press secretary for U.S. Senator Bob Graham (D-Fla.).
- Lead counsel to a Fortune 200 company in a $150 million contract dispute.
- Lead counsel to an international oil and gas company in obtaining the dismissal of a purported pricing class action in New Jersey.
- National trial and coordinating counsel for an international mineral company in talc litigation throughout the country.
- National trial counsel for a Fortune 500 appliance manufacturer.
- Counsel to a Chinese drywall manufacturer in multidistrict litigation involving classwide damages and a number of related state court cases.
- Counsel to a national trade association on hydraulic fracturing issues.
- Counsel to multiple international companies to ensure compliance with the Federal Trade Commission’s Green Guides.
- Counsel in a large-scale automotive product liability and consumer class action MDL involving more than 200 nationwide class actions.
- Counsel to a leading national restaurant chain in several purported class actions in several states that involved the sodium content of its meals.
- Counsel in litigation involving the sterilization of surgical instruments used in more than 3,800 surgeries in North Carolina.
- Counsel in a mass action brought by more than 1,600 coal miners alleging personal injuries from isocyanate exposure in Alabama.
- Counsel to a national wood products company involving 1,400 personal injury claims arising from chemical emissions at a wood treatment facility in Alabama.
- Counsel to an international beverage manufacturer in lawsuits in New Jersey claiming consumer fraud and false advertising.
- Counsel to an international consumer product manufacturer in design patent litigation in Delaware.
- Counsel to health care entities in disputes with state administrative agencies.
- National science counsel to an international pharmaceutical company in federal multidistrict litigation involving 6,000 plaintiffs and related state court cases.
- Counsel to a Georgia city in the successful defense of a litigated annexation dispute.
- J.D., magna cum laude, University of Florida College of Law, 2003
- Florida Law Review, Senior Notes & Comments Editor
- B.A., Davidson College, 1997
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC)
- The Wylde Center Board of Directors (Former)
- Georgia Asylum and Immigration Network Board of Directors (Former)
- Refugee Resettlement and Immigration Services of Atlanta/New American Pathways Board of Directors (Former)
Rate : $$$$