Joshua D. Miron is a partner in the Fort Lauderdale office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where he is a member of the Construction Litigation Practice Group. He routinely represents owners, developers and contractors in construction contract negotiations, contract disputes, construction defect claims and lien enforcement/defense related issues.
Aside from construction, Josh has extensive experience handling matters involving distressed commercial and residential assets on behalf of mortgage loan originators, servicers, investors and court-appointed receivers.
In addition, Josh assists clients in procuring financing for their commercial and residential real estate transactions and negotiates land acquisition and commercial and residential leases. Prior to becoming an attorney, Josh was a project manager for a national hotel renovation and development firm.
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC ACTIVITIES:
- Adjunct Professor, Broward College
- Construction Law
- Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Civil Mediator (2008—2015)
- City of Fort Lauderdale Code Enforcement Board, 2010—Present
- YMCA Business Development Think Tank Committee
- YMCA Children’s Advocacy Center, Board Member, 2009—2014
- Florida Bar
- Committee on Professionalism, 2009—2012
- Young Lawyers Division Board of Governors, 2009—2011
- Nova Southeastern University, J.D., 2001
- Florida State University, B.S., 1996
Rate : $$$