Joshua E. Friedmann works on transactional, land use, and leasing matters for clients ranging from large infrastructure authorities, Fortune 50 companies, and public pension funds to nonprofits and startups. Josh has also worked on energy, environmental, infrastructure, and labor matters in UPS’s Corporate Public Affairs Group.
Drawing on his previous government experience, Josh is focusing his practice on supporting public-private development, mixed-use projects, and other matters with sensitive public-facing concerns.
Before law school, Josh served as an appointed aide to the White House’s Council on Environmental Quality under former President Barack Obama, where he managed the council’s legislative review process.
In that capacity, he prepared Statements of Administration Policy, official correspondence, and congressional testimony for senior administration officials. He also coordinated council responses to congressional oversight inquiries, and worked with legislators and staff to build support for White House priorities through effective messaging, announcements, and public events.
- Summer Associate, Davis Wright Tremaine, Seattle, 2016
- Summer Associate, Pacifica Law Group, Seattle, 2015
- Special Assistant, Council on Environmental Quality at The White House, Washington, D.C., 2012-2014
- Legislative Assistant, UPS Corporate Public Affairs, Washington, D.C., 2011-2012
- External Affairs Assistant, Tufts University, Medford, Mass., 2010-2011
Professional & Community Activities:
- Advanced Leadership Development Program, Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle, Class of 2017-2018
- Communications Chair, King County Bar Association Environmental and Land Use Section
- J.D., Harvard Law School, 2017
- Dean’s Scholar Prize for Coursework in Government Ethics
- Teaching Assistant, Affordable Housing Development
- Seattle Mayor’s Office, Housing Affordability Policy Internship
- B.S., Political Science, Tufts University, 2011, summa cum laude
- Elected Student Body Representative to the Board of Trustees
- Office of Governor Chris Gregoire, Washington D.C. Federal Affairs Intern
Rate : $$$$