Joshua Frankel’s practice focuses on the structuring, formation and operation of private investment funds. He advises fund sponsors of pooled fund vehicles, SMAs, co-investment vehicles and FOF structures.
Joshua also advises private equity managers and investors on secondary and other hybrid private equity transactions, such as fund restructurings, direct secondaries and management spin-offs, as well as investment fund joint ventures and seed or strategic investments in private equity sponsors.
Joshua advises investors and sponsors in, and counsels on, consortium and co-invest arrangements in the context of mergers and acquisitions.
Joshua joined the firm in 2007 and became a senior attorney in 2015. From 2009 through 2013, he was resident in the Hong Kong and London offices.
- RedBird Capital in the formation of RedBird Capital Partners Fund I and its agreement with a strategic investor to take a minority stake in exchange for a capital commitment into a new RedBird investment vehicle.
- Coller Capital in a number of investments, including in a separately managed account, CVC Credit Partners U.S. Lending I, managed by CVC Credit Partners.
- Groupe Marc de Lacharrière, the family holding company of Marc Ladreit de Lacharrière, in its investment resulting in a 5 percent stake in Warburg Pincus.
- TPG in in the formation and structuring of various investment vehicles, including SMAs and significant co-investment arrangements.
- Blackstone Alternative Asset Management in the formation of separately managed accounts and in its investment activities.
- Brookfield Asset Management and Brookfield Strategic Real Estate Partners in the acquisition of Thayer Lodging’s hospitality asset management and investment advisory business.
- New York University School of Law, J.D., 2007
- City University of New York: Queens College, B.A., 2004
- New York
Rate : $$$$