Joshua S. Ganz focuses his practice on strategic outsourcing, technology licensing and other complex commercial transactions. His practice also includes assisting clients on joint ventures and strategic alliances and technology-related mergers & acquisitions. Mr. Ganz regularly assists both customers and providers with domestic and offshore technology and business process outsourcing arrangements including IT infrastructure services, managed network services, application development and maintenance, production support, call center operations, finance & accounting, and IT help desk. He also regularly advises on and negotiates transactions relating to software licensing and support, cloud computing, “as a service” transactions (SaaS, IaaS, PaaS), technology licensing, technology development and distribution, electronic commerce arrangements, and other similar complex commercial transactions.
Mr. Ganz also advises clients in negotiating and consummating both buy-side and sell-side merger and acquisition transactions involving technology-related assets. Mr. Ganz was recognized as a Georgia “Rising Star” in the area of Technology Transactions in 2017 and the three years immediately preceding by Super Lawyers magazine. In 2012 and 2018, he was recommended by Legal 500 US in the area of Technology/Outsourcing.
- Represented global telecommunications company in connection with negotiation of outsourcing agreement to provide end to end managed network services, telecommunications and related IT services for a global telecommunications provider.
- Represented global sporting goods, apparel and accessories manufacturer and distributor in connection with outsourcing of its North American helpdesk to HCL.
- Represented financial services company in connection with multi-vendor, multi-tower IT outsourcing of its application development, production support and related information technology systems.
- Represented private retail company in connection with the negotiation of a master services agreement with IBM for the provision of OMS and WNS implementation and support services, IT services desk support and application and maintenance services.
- Represented fashion jewelry and accessories retailer in connection with negotiation of agreement with Oracle to license and support merchandise management system.
- Completed a global managed network services transaction on behalf of a telecommunications services company. The transaction involved the provision of managed network and transport services in support of the global operations of Ameriprise Financial Services.
- Represented publicly traded energy company in connection with the renegotiation of an agreement for the outsourcing of data center operations and related infrastructure support services to Acxiom. The transaction was structured as a sole source negotiation and was valued at over $30 million.
- Represented financial services company in connection with negotiation of a contract for the support of its customer contact center.
- Represented a global telecommunications provider in the negotiation of a global managed network services transaction involving the provision of services in over 25 countries in support of the global operations of a major insurance company.
- Represented consumer product manufacturer and distributor in the outsourcing of its North American supply chain and logistics functions to a leader in supply chain management and third-party logistics solutions.
- Represented AT&T in the negotiation of a strategic marketing alliance with DirecTV to create a co-branded triple play offer.
- Represented a global beauty company in connection with a multi-phased outsourcing of its North American supply chain and logistics solution including receiving, processing, packaging, storage, management, shipping and returns processing.
- Represented fashion jewelry and accessories retailer in connection with negotiation of master services agreement with IBM for fashion jewelry and accessories retailer to implement, host and maintain Oracle merchandise management system and related applications
- Represented global telecommunications company in strategic marketing alliance with a leading mobile device manufacturer for the development and launch of a mobile application store.
- University of Tennessee College of Law, J.D. (2007) magna cum laude
- Tennessee Law Review, Former Student Materials Editor
- Transactions: Tennessee Journal of Business Law, Former News and Publications Editor
- University of Georgia, B.B.A., Banking and Finance (2004)
- Georgia (2007)
Rate : $$$$