Joshua L. Harris is a litigation associate with Foley & Lardner LLP, where he is a member of the firm’s Business Litigation & Dispute Resolution Practice. His practice focuses on business and complex commercial litigation. Josh is admitted to practice only in Georgia, he is not yet admitted to practice in Illinois.
Josh has wide-ranging experience representing clients in industries including securities, telecommunications and technology, insurance regulation, data security and privacy, and health care.
Josh has litigated class actions and managed multidistrict contract negotiations and represented clients in mediations and arbitrations involving complex commercial issues.
He has also provided strategic litigation risk avoidance counseling, data security and privacy audits, as well as digital advertising, mobile marketing, and board governance counseling relating to cybersecurity to clients in various industries, including media, construction, fast food, and retail.
Representative Experience :
- Lead attorney representing Fortune 500 logistics and transportation client in mediation resulting in settlement of $5 million demand for $19,000
- Presented appellate oral argument resulting in favorable ruling for transportation client
- Represents a Fortune 50 client in breach of contract litigation
- Obtained favorable state Supreme Court decision for higher education client in multi-million dollar property dispute
- Represented a major dental care provider in litigation involving defamation and false advertisement claims
- Conducted data security and privacy audit for international media client, leading to creation of national data security and privacy litigation tracking chart
- Successfully defended a major telecommunications client in litigation involving monopolization claims, resulting in settlement and dismissal with prejudice of the plaintiff’s claims
- Successfully defended a major health care provider in a government investigation
- Provided ACA counseling to major pharmacy benefit manager
Josh earned his law degree from the University of California, Berkeley School of Law (J.D., 2014), where he served as managing editor of Berkeley Journal of African-American Law & Policy. Josh completed his bachelor’s degree, summa cum laude, in political science at Morehouse College (B.A., 2009). Josh graduated Morehouse with the highest honors as class Valedictorian and as a member of Phi Beta Kappa.
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
Josh is a member of the Georgia Bar Association and the Atlanta Bar Association.
Rate : $$$