Joshua Richardson represents businesses and individuals in a wide variety of complex litigation matters throughout Michigan. He often takes cases through all stages of the appeals process in state and federal appellate courts.
His highly respected research, writing and courtroom skills have been utilized on a wide range of general and commercial litigation matters. Joshua works diligently to achieve results that align with his clients’ objectives by being proactive and collaborative to establish strategies that are unique to each dispute.
He represents clients in the following practice areas:
- Commercial and Business Litigation: Contract and general business disputes; land use and real property matters; shareholder disputes; trade secrets and noncompetition actions; antitrust and trade regulation; oil and gas; residential and commercial construction issues; e-commerce disputes; and alternative dispute resolution.
- Insurance Industry and Regulation: Advise and assist insurance companies with compliance issues under the regulatory framework imposed by the Insurance Code and the Michigan Department of Financial and Insurance Services (DIFS); secure approvals for new insurance products and forms; represent insurance companies in administrative matters and enforcement actions before insurance regulators relating to market conduct, financial audits, and business practices; assist insurers with agency relationship matters and disputes; provide insurance coverage determinations and handle declaratory judgment actions.
- Labor and Employment Litigation: ERISA and employee benefits-related litigation and compliance matters; Enforcement of noncompetition agreements and restrictive covenants; wrongful discharge; Title VII, Elliott-Larsen Civil Rights Act, Whistleblowers’ Protection Act, Family Medical Leave Act, Age Discrimination in Employment Act, and Americans with Disabilities Act claims; collective bargaining disputes; claims before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission(EEOC) and Civil Rights Department.
In addition to his legal practice, Josh also devotes his time to various professional and community organizations. He is the vice president of the Michigan Defense Trial Counsel, a Barrister member of the American Inns of Court, is active in the State Bar of Michigan, the American Bar Association, the Federal Bar Association and the Ingham County Bar Association.
Josh has also served as a member of the Board of Directors for the Boys & Girls Club of Lansing since 2008, and acted as Chair of the Board in 2015 and 2016.
- Indiana University School of Law, J.D., 2007
- Michigan State University, B.A., 2004
Bar and Court Admissions:
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. Supreme Court
Rate : $$$$