Joshua D. Kelner, an attorney at Kelner & Kelner, is a third-generation trial attorney. He litigates complex Personal Injury and Civil Rights cases at every stage of litigation, from inception through trial and appeal.
Mr. Kelner graduated cum laude from Williams College in 2001 and cum laude from Harvard Law School in 2004. While at Kelner & Kelner, has achieved significant successes, which have includes a $19.1 million verdict for a man dragged by a New York City subway; a victory in the New York State Court of Appeals that made it easier for injured parties to have a defendant’s liability determined as a matter of law; a victory in the New York State Court of Appeals that resulted in an expansion of the circumstances under which landowners can be held liable for defective sidewalks; a $4.5 million settlement for a truck driver injured as a result of a defective roadway; and a $3.82 million recovery for the family of a young man who died in custody at Rikers Island. He has appeared frequently in New York’s appellate courts.
- New York, 2005
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 2007
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 2007
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 2010
- Harvard Law School, Cambridge, Massachusetts, J.D. – 2004
- Williams College, Williamstown, Massachusetts, B.A. – 2001
Rate : $$$$