Joshua D. Kienitz represents and counsels management in all aspects of labor and employment law. He appears in state and federal courts and before the National Labor Relations Board, the Department Of Labor, the California Public Employment Relations Board, and the Division of Labor Standards Enforcement and has specific knowledge of claims arising under :
- The Fair Labor Standards Act
- The National Labor Relations Act
- The Fair Employment and Housing Act
- The Educational Employment Relations Act
Among his notable successes, Josh obtained favorable outcomes in a class action trial involving a wage and hour commute time issue and a significant decision by the California Public Employment Relations Board regarding the agency’s authority to make public employers whole for damages caused by unlawful strike activity.
Additionally, Josh assists clients with contract grievance dispute resolution, arbitration, mediation and the early and cost-effective resolution of single-plaintiff and complex wage and hour and discrimination class actions. He also handles collective bargaining for multi-location clients and large bargaining units.
Most often, Josh works with large California public sector employers, including state government entities and public universities; energy sector clients; transportation clients; and automotive dealerships. Previously, Josh taught high school physics in San Jose, California.
- J.D., University of California, Berkeley, School of Law, 2006
- M.A., Stanford University, 2002
- B.A., Stanford University, 2002
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Member, Labor and Employment Section, Bar Association of San Francisco
Rate : $$$$