Joshua Mack is Of Counsel in the San Diego office of Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati, where his practice focuses on patent litigation. Josh specializes in litigating biotech, pharmaceutical, and life sciences patents. He is experienced in all aspects of patent litigation, including examining witnesses at trial, working with experts, arguing Markman hearings and motions, and managing appeals to the Federal Circuit.
From 2007 to 2015, Josh was an associate in WSGR’s San Diego office. During this time, Josh seconded at Mylan, where he managed Hatch-Waxman ANDA litigations. Prior to rejoining the firm, Josh was a member of Amgen’s in-house litigation team, managing and participating in high-stakes biotech litigations in the U.S. and worldwide.
His previous work as in-house counsel provides him with a unique perspective, and he understands the importance of client service. Josh has particular experience litigating the patent issues of written description in enablement. In July 2017, Josh led the successful effort to invalidate a patent asserted against Amphastar Pharmaceuticals due to the lack of an adequate written description and the lack of enablement.
- J.D., University of New Hampshire School of Law, 2007
- B.S., Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Washington, 1999
- State Bar of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Rate : $$$